In Liberia, (un)adopted partners with REAP (Restoration of Educational Advancement Programs), an organization accredited to serve in the Republic of Liberia. Through our partnership with REAP, we implement Gospel-centered learning camps designed to bring hope to the youth and young adults of Liberia. The first camp was held in February 2012, with 60 orphan students enrolled (37 males and 23 females). Participants came from 12 orphanages in the local county, were 18 years of age, and educated through 10th grade. The participants received career guidance, hands on learning opportunities, and Biblical teaching that prepared them for the transition from life in an institution to life on their own where they must provide for themselves. The participants began each day at 6:00am and had 6 choices of Life-skill activities to engage in for the 5 days: sewing, catering, masonry, carpentry, agriculture and accounting. The week ended with a closing ceremony where each participant shared what he or she learned. All activities and discussions at these camps focus around five C’s:
- Christ mindedness guided by action.
- Character motivated by principles and ethics.
- Career awareness in pursuit of God’s plans for one’s life fulfillment.
- Capacity development for the attainment of one’s life goals.
- Competency enhancement for the achievement of maximum potential.
Together, (un)adopted and REAP will host 4 camps in 2012. This gives 200 orphans in Liberia the opportunity to hear the Gospel, learn life skills, develop career awareness, and receive education that will sustain them and offer a healthy transition into productive adulthood.
If you would like to support (un)adopted in Liberia as we partner with REAP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, we do not have teams scheduled to travel to Liberia. However, if you are interested in traveling to Liberia with (un)adopted, please complete a trip interest form by clicking here.
- Pray that God will use the camps in Liberia to equip orphans and teach them the Gospel of Christ.
- Pray for the ministry of REAP (add link), our partners in Liberia.
- Pray for continued provision for the camps in Liberia.